Apple Cinnamon Sourdough French Toast
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGGS AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, CRACKED WHEAT, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 4 slices Goldminer® Sourdough Cracked Wheat Square Bread
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Add apple slices, brown sugar and 4 tablespoons of butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted. Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 6 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, remaining ¼ teaspoon vanilla and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Submerge each slice of bread in egg mixture, one at a time. Shake excess liquid off each slice.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in hot skillet. Cook French toast for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip and continue cooking until the second side is lightly browned.
- Stack two slices on each plate. Generously top with cooked apple-cinnamon mixture. Drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy.