Apple Crisp Piecook time
- 1 loaf (24 oz.) California Goldminer Sourdough Sourdough Square (crumbed)
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ½ cup sugar ½ stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Store-bought or homemade pie crust (crumbled)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- To make breadcrumbs: Place California Goldminer Sourdough Bread slices directly on oven rack in preheated 300°F oven for 30 minutes. Crumble slices into food processor and process until fine.
- Combine can of apple pie filling, crumbled pie crust, sugar and butter in medium mixing bowl. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar to the bread crumbs, and place on top of baked pie mixture.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 20 more minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with scoop of vanilla ice cream.