Apple Gouda Grilled Cheesecook time
- 4 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- ½ tsp. dried or fresh thyme
- ½ Honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each bread slice. Place two slices, butter side down, in skillet and top each with one slice of Gouda. Once Gouda begins to soften, top with apple slices, thyme, sea salt and honey. Add a second slice of Gouda to each sandwich, then top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- Continue to cook, carefully flipping intermittently, until golden brown on all sides.