Avocado, Brie, Basil & Pomegranate Grilled Cheesecook time
- 4 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-oz.) package Brie cheese, sliced thick
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Using a basting brush, coat one side of each slice of bread with melted butter. Place slices on skillet, butter side down. Allow bread to heat up and brown for about 5 minutes. Lower heat and top two slices with avocado and the remaining slices with Brie.
- Continue cooking until Brie begins to soften. Top with pomegranate arils and basil leaves, then use a spatula to combine the sandwich halves. Allow to cook 1-2 minutes longer on each side, then remove from skillet.
- Let sandwiches cool for 5 minutes before serving.