Baba Ganoush Boulecook time
- 1 California Goldminer® Sourdough Large Boule
- 2 eggplants
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Pomegranate seeds
- Feta cheese
- Hollow out the center of the California Goldminer® Sourdough Boule, and set aside pieces of bread for dipping.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Move oven rack to the middle position and turn oven broiler on high.
- Poke holes in the eggplants with a fork to allow steam to escape. Place eggplants on foil-lined baking sheet and broil for approximately 8-10 minutes, turning a couple of times. Leaving the eggplants in the oven, turn the heat down to 350°F and roast for an additional 30 minutes. Remove eggplants from oven and allow them to cool.
- Once cooled, cut the eggplants in half and drain off excess water. Scrape out roasted eggplant with a spoon and whisk into refrigerated tahini mixture.
- Place mixture into the bread boule and top with Feta cheese, parsley and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, and crack more fresh pepper on top, if desired.