Baba Ganoush Boule
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREENUTS.
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, YEAST.
- 1 California Goldminer® Sourdough Large Boule
- 2 eggplants
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Pomegranate seeds
- Feta cheese
- Hollow out the center of the California Goldminer® Sourdough Boule, and set aside pieces of bread for dipping.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Move oven rack to the middle position and turn oven broiler on high.
- Poke holes in the eggplants with a fork to allow steam to escape. Place eggplants on foil-lined baking sheet and broil for approximately 8-10 minutes, turning a couple of times. Leaving the eggplants in the oven, turn the heat down to 350°F and roast for an additional 30 minutes. Remove eggplants from oven and allow them to cool.
- Once cooled, cut the eggplants in half and drain off excess water. Scrape out roasted eggplant with a spoon and whisk into refrigerated tahini mixture.
- Place mixture into the bread boule and top with Feta cheese, parsley and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, and crack more fresh pepper on top, if desired.