Bacon, Brie & Plum Grilled Cheese
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 4 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 8 slices thick bacon
- 2 plums, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 8 oz. Brie
- Fresh basil
- Cook bacon in large skillet to desired crispiness. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove excess bacon grease from skillet, and return to stovetop over medium heat. Add plums to skillet and cook until beginning to soften (approximately 2 minutes). Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar to the skillet and cook another 5 minutes allowing sauce to reduce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread Brie on 1 side of each slice of bread. Top 2 slices with bacon, fresh basil leaves and caramelized plums. Cover with remaining Brie-topped bread slices, Brie facing in. Spread softened butter on top of each sandwich.