Bombay Toast by Tanvi Srivastava
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 6 slices Goldminer® Sourdough Square Bread
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, softened
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled, and sliced
- 1 large beet root, boiled, peeled, and sliced
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp. green chutney
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 2 tbsp. sandwich masala
- Shredded cheese to sprinkle on top
- To make the sandwich masala, in a small bowl mix 1 tbsp chaat masala with 1 tsp roasted ground cumin, ½ tsp cardamom powder, 1 tsp ground dry pomegranate seeds, 1 tsp red chili powder and salt + pepper. Keep ready.
- Generously slather both sides of the bread slices with butter. To make the sandwich, place a buttered slice on a board and spread the green chutney on one side. Layer with potatoes, cucumbers, onions & a couple of cheese slices. Sprinkle each layer with sandwich masala. Place the second slice; spread green chutney and layer with beetroot, tomatoes & couple of cheese sliced. Sprinkle each layer with sandwich masala as you go. Place the third slice on top. Alternatively, you can layer everything between 2 slices of bread.
- Lightly toast the sandwich on both sides in a hot skillet until warmed through and the cheese is slightly soft. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and serve warm.
- Recipe shared courtesy of Tanvi Srivastava, @sinfullyspicy