Bourbon Cherry Sourdough Swirl Ice Cream
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 3 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square Bread, cubed
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 4 tsp. + ¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 3½ tsp. Bourbon, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of salt
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add cubed bread and mix to cover each cube of bread. Add 3 teaspoons sugar and mix until incorporated. Continue to let cook until golden brown and toasted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place cherries on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons Bourbon and 1 teaspoon sugar, and stir to cover cherries. Bake at 400˚F for 20 minutes, stirring every 5-8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, half and half, ¼ cup sugar, vanilla, vanilla bean paste, the remaining Bourbon, and salt. Whisk until combined, then add mixture to ice cream machine. Churn for 20 minutes.
- In a loaf pan, layer ice cream, cherries, caramelized bread, ice cream, cherries and more caramelized bread. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until set. Serve topped with extra caramelized bread.