Butter Pecan Sourdough French Toast Bake
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREENUTS.
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, YEAST.
- 1 California Goldminer® Sourdough Large Boule, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups pecans
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine pecans, brown sugar and butter. Cook until bubbling and sugar has dissolved.
- Spray a 9x9-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange bread cubes in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with dates.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and vanilla until well combined. Pour the egg mixture over the bread pieces and dates, ensuring that the bread is evenly covered.
- Pour the butter pecan mixture over the soaked bread, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.