Butternut Squash Soup & Cheesy Croutons
Mini Boule 2-pack
NET WT 16OZ (454 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, YEAST.
- 2 California Goldminer® Sourdough Mini Boule 2-pack
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 6 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in butter until soft. Add squash, chicken stock, sage, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until squash is tender (approximately 20 minutes).
- Ladle soup into blender and purée with cream cheese until smooth. (You may need to do this in several batches). Return to saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use a serrated knife to cut the top off each boule. Set tops aside. Carefully remove inside of each boule, being sure to leave at least a ½-inch-thick layer of bread all around. Cut or tear the removed bread pieces, including tops, into 1-inch pieces. Arrange on a baking sheet, careful not to overlap, and sprinkle liberally with cheese. Toast in oven until cheese is melted and bread is golden.
- Ladle soup into boules and top with desired amount of cheesy croutons.
- Note: Short on time? Use your favorite store-bought soup instead!