Caprese Sourdough Sliders
NET WT 24OZ (1.5 lb) (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, YEAST, SALT, WHEAT GLUTEN, MALTED BARLEY EXTRACT, FUMARIC ACID, DIACETYL TARTARIC ACID ESTERS OF MONO-AND DIGLYCERIDES, LACTIC ACID.
- 1 package California Goldminer® Sourdough Breakaway rolls
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 12 slices Mozzarella
- Basil leaves, to taste
- Balsamic drizzle, to taste
- Arugula Basil Pesto (recipe follows)
- Arugula Basil Pesto:
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups basil
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- 2½ tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make Arugula Basil Pesto. Add arugula, basil, Parmesan, walnuts, lemon juice, olive oil, water, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor bowl, and process until smooth. Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice, if necessary.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Form ground beef into twelve slider patties and grill until cooked to desired doneness.
- Spread bottom half of each roll with Arugula Basil Pesto. Layer on tomato slices, slider patty, Mozzarella and desired amount of basil leaves and balsamic drizzle. Top with roll lids.