Cheesy Baked Egg Toast
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 1 slice California Goldminer Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 stick butter
- 1/8 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- Create the corners edges for your sourdough bread’s inner rectangle with pointy-tipped teaspoon or a butter knife, pressing almost to the edge of crust. Gently pressing the bread down, form the inside of the rectangle that will hold your egg without tearing the bread.
- Repeat this process for every slice of bread you wish to make before seasoning the bread with salt and pepper.
- Crack and pour one raw egg into each slice of prepared bread, seasoning the egg with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully butter the edges of the bread gently without touching the egg. Sprinkle shredded cheese onto the buttered portion of bread.
- Before baking in toaster oven, Spray a small baking tray or tin foil with cooking spray and place prepared bread into toaster oven.
- Toast bread in toaster oven (or covered sauté pan over medium heat), until egg appears fried, about 10 or so minutes. Serve hot.