Chicken Parm Stuffed Sourdough Sandwich
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREENUTS.
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, YEAST.
- 1 California Goldminer® Sourdough Large Boule
- 1 cup marinara
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pesto
- 2 breaded chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. powdered Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice the top off the bread bowl and set aside. Scoop out the inside, leaving a ½-inch thick dam all around the boule.
- Inside the boule, layer half the marinara, Mozzarella cheese, pesto, breaded chicken slices and shredded Parmesan. Repeat these layers a second time, and cap with the top of the boule.
- Wrap the boule in foil and place a heavy book or skillet on top for 10-15 minutes. This helps press the ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, powdered Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil and black pepper. Mix until well-combined. Remove the foil from the top of the bread boule and brush mixture evenly over the top.
- Place boule on a foil-covered pan and bake for 30 minutes.