Cioppino Bread Bowl
NET WT 16OZ (454 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREENUTS.
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, YEAST.
- 8 California Goldminer® Sourdough Boule, hollowed out
- 1½ pounds extra-large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 12 mussels in shell
- 1 pound halibut filet
- 1 pound cod filet
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped medium onions
- 3 chopped cloves garlic
- 1 chopped bunch fresh parsley
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes in juice
- 15-ounce bottle of fish stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop up onions, garlic and parsley in food processor.
- Heat oil in large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, and parsley and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften. 4. Stir in tomatoes, fish stick, bay leaves, basil, thyme, oregano and red wine and boil, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Scrub mussels and removed beards with a small stiff brush under cold running water. Discard any with cracked shells and any open ones that, when tapped gently against a counter, don’t close up after a few minutes.
- Gently stir in mussels, shrimp, and fish fillets to the prepared stock. Cover and simmer 4 to 7 minutes until clams pop open and shrimp are opaque when cut. Seafood will continue to cook once removed from the pot, so be sure not to overcook.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove pot from heat.
- Ladle broth and seafood into sourdough boules and serve.