Cran-Orange Sourdough French Toast
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 6 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- Cranberry Pecan Syrup (recipe follows)
- Cranberry Pecan Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Whisk together eggs, orange zest, orange juice, milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt in a shallow dish until combined. Dunk slices of bread in egg mixture, coating both sides of each slice.
- Place the bread on a lined baking sheet and bake until the bread starts to toast around the edges (approximately 15 minutes). Remove from oven, flip bread and bake for 10 additional minutes.
- Make Cranberry Pecan Syrup. In a skillet over medium heat, combine cranberries, chopped pecans and butter. Cook for about 5 minutes until the butter melts and the pecans begin to roast. Reduce heat to low and add brown sugar and maple syrup. Simmer until syrup thickens.
- Dust French toast with powdered sugar (if using), top with desired amount of Cranberry Pecan Syrup and enjoy!