Cran-Orange Sourdough French Toastcook time
- 6 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- Cranberry Pecan Syrup (recipe follows)
Cranberry Pecan Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Whisk together eggs, orange zest, orange juice, milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt in a shallow dish until combined. Dunk slices of bread in egg mixture, coating both sides of each slice.
- Place the bread on a lined baking sheet and bake until the bread starts to toast around the edges (approximately 15 minutes). Remove from oven, flip bread and bake for 10 additional minutes.
- Make Cranberry Pecan Syrup. In a skillet over medium heat, combine cranberries, chopped pecans and butter. Cook for about 5 minutes until the butter melts and the pecans begin to roast. Reduce heat to low and add brown sugar and maple syrup. Simmer until syrup thickens.
- Dust French toast with powdered sugar (if using), top with desired amount of Cranberry Pecan Syrup and enjoy!