Cranberry Bacon Jam Sourdough Crostinicook time
- 1 California Goldminer® Sourdough Jaco bread, cut into 1 ½-inch thick slices
- 1 lb. bacon
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- ½ lb. Fontina cheese, sliced
- Rosemary, to garnish
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Place bacon in skillet and cook for 3 minutes, flipping once. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain bacon grease from skillet. Add olive oil, and heat over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes. While the onions are cooking, chop the bacon into small pieces. Once the onion begins to brown, add salt, cayenne pepper, brown sugar and sherry vinegar. Stir until combined.
- Add bacon, cranberry juice and cranberries to the skillet. Cook until mixture thickens into a jam (approximately 15 minutes). Let cool.
- Turn on broiler. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Top each slice with one slice of Fontina cheese and a small scoop of cranberry bacon jam. Broil until the cheese is melted (approximately 2 minutes). Top with rosemary and serve.