Cranberry Pecan French Toast Bakecook time
French Toast Ingredients:
- 1 California Goldminer® Large Boule, cubed
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Cinnamon Glaze (recipe follows)
Cinnamon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
French Toast Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon and whisk until blended. Add milk and continue to whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with cubed bread and sprinkle with cranberries and pecans. Pour the egg mixture evenly over bread. Gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 325°F. Bake uncovered for 30–40 minutes. Turn oven to broil, and cook an additional 3–5 minutes until top is slightly toasted.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving with Cinnamon Glaze.
Cinnamon Glaze Directions:
- In a stand mixer bowl or large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat with paddle attachment (or with hand mixer) on medium speed until thoroughly blended.
- Drizzle over French toast.