Egg in a Hole Lotta Love
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 2 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp. butter, divided
- 4-6 slices Black Forest ham
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Heat ½ tablespoon butter in a small, nonstick skillet. Add ham and lightly brown for about 2 minutes. Layer warm ham, avocado and Cheddar cheese on one slice toasted bread.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart shape out of remaining slice of sourdough toast. Add remaining butter to skillet. Once melted, place bread in skillet and crack egg into the heart-shaped hole. Once egg is cooked halfway through, place a plate or lid over the pan to fully cook the egg white (approximately 2 minutes). Yoke should remain runny.
- Remove from skillet and place atop cheese, yolk side up. Sprinkle egg with pepper, if desired.