Egg in a Hole Lotta Lovecook time
- 2 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp. butter, divided
- 4-6 slices Black Forest ham
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Heat ½ tablespoon butter in a small, nonstick skillet. Add ham and lightly brown for about 2 minutes. Layer warm ham, avocado and Cheddar cheese on one slice toasted bread.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart shape out of remaining slice of sourdough toast. Add remaining butter to skillet. Once melted, place bread in skillet and crack egg into the heart-shaped hole. Once egg is cooked halfway through, place a plate or lid over the pan to fully cook the egg white (approximately 2 minutes). Yoke should remain runny.
- Remove from skillet and place atop cheese, yolk side up. Sprinkle egg with pepper, if desired.