Eggplant, Capicola & Pesto Sourdough Panini
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 2 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square Bread
- 4 slices eggplant
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pesto
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 3 slices Mozzarella
- 5 slices capicola
- Special Tools:
- Panini Press
- Season eggplant with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Add eggplant to skillet, cooking until browned on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes per side). Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Spread pesto on one side of one slice of bread. Top with eggplant, red pepper, Mozzarella, capicola and second slice of bread. Place sandwich in panini press and cook 5-10 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.