French Dip Sourdough Picantecook time
- 3 California Goldminer® Sourdough Flute bread
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup Cola
- 2 (10.5 oz.) cans beef consommé
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. beef bouillon
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. parsley, chopped
- 12 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- ¼ cup banana peppers
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Sear roast on all sides until lightly browned. Add to slow cooker and top with soy sauce, Cola, beef consommé, garlic powder, beef bouillon, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Remove roast onto cutting board and thinly slice against the grain. Place sliced meat back in slow cooker and continue to cook on low for an additional 1-2 hours. Remove roast and strain fat from broth for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cut flutes in half horizontally and cut lengthwise slits for sandwiches, and place on a lined baking sheet. Top each sandwich with beef followed by two slices cheese and a few banana peppers. Bake until cheese is melted. Remove and serve with reserved broth for dipping!