Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwich
NET WT 24OZ (1.5 lb) (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, YEAST, SALT, WHEAT GLUTEN, MALTED BARLEY EXTRACT, FUMARIC ACID, DIACETYL TARTARIC ACID ESTERS OF MONO-AND DIGLYCERIDES, LACTIC ACID.
- 2 California Goldminer® Sourdough Breakaway rolls
- 4 tbsp. barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 slices fresh pineapple
- ½ cup mixed greens
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce on each side of the chicken breast and place on hot grill. Grill for about 6 minutes per side, applying another tablespoon of barbecue sauce as it cooks. Grill until cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 165℉. Remove chicken from grill and keep warm.
- Grill pineapple slices for about 2 minutes per side, or just long enough to see grill marks. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Lightly toast the rolls by placing them face down on the top rack of a grill or on a cooler section of the grill grate away from direct heat.
- Build the sandwich. Cut the chicken breast in half to fit the roll. Place mixed greens on toasted roll bottom, followed by chicken. Add more barbecue sauce, if desired, then top with grilled pineapple, sliced red onion and toasted roll tops.