Jalapeño Pulled Pork Sandwiches
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 16-20 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square, toasted
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 (3-4 lb.) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Pour vegetable oil into a slow cooker. Place pork roast in slow cooker and top with barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar and chicken broth. Stir in brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on high, 5 to 6 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and shred with two forks, removing any large pieces of fat. Skim fat from liquid in slow cooker. Return shredded pork to slow cooker, stirring to coat with remaining liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and jalapeños. Toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Build sandwiches by topping half the toasts with shredded pork, followed by slaw then remaining toast halves.