Mac 'n' Cheese Balls
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 6 slices California Goldminer Sourdough Sourdough Square (crumbed)
- 1 pound dry Macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make breadcrumbs: Place California Goldminer Sourdough Bread slices directly on oven rack in preheated 300°F oven and bake for 30 minutes. Crumble slices into food processor and process until fine.
- Boil macaroni until al dente and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter before combining flour and milk over medium heat. Add cheese and stir until melted and thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked macaroni until it is completely covered with mixture. Remove from heat and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll and form refrigerated mac ‘n’ cheese mixture into balls. Place on a plate and refrigerate for another 2 hours.
- Dip refrigerated balls into a large bowl of egg whites and then roll them around on separate plate of breadcrumbs, thoroughly coating.
- In a large skillet, fry coated balls in cooking oil until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes then serve with a zesty red sauce.