Mexican-Style Grilled Corn & Avocado Toast
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 3 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled (can substitute grated Monterey Jack)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 lime, sliced
- Guacamole (recipe follows)
- Guacamole Ingredients:
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined and finely chopped (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- For guacamole:Add diced avocados to medium mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth, but still chunky.
- Add the cilantro, jalapeno (if using), lime juice and onion. Mix to combine
- Season with salt and set aside.
- For toasts:
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook until starting to brown (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- Transfer corn to small bowl and toss with diced red pepper and black beans.
- Toast bread. Top each slice with desired amount of guacamole, followed by black bean mixture.
- Top with cheese and finish with a squeeze of lime and sprinkle of cilantro.