Mexican-Style Grilled Corn & Avocado Toastcook time
- 3 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ⅔ cup frozen corn, roasted
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ⅔ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled (can substitute grated Monterey Jack)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 lime, sliced
- Guacamole (recipe follows)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined and finely chopped (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
Add diced avocados to medium mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth, but still chunky.
Add the cilantro, jalapeno (if using), lime juice and onion. Mix to combine
Season with salt and set aside.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook until starting to brown (approximately 10-12 minutes).
Transfer corn to small bowl and toss with diced red pepper and black beans.
Toast bread. Top each slice with desired amount of guacamole, followed by black bean mixture.
Top with cheese and finish with a squeeze of lime and sprinkle of cilantro.