Monte Cristo Sandwiches
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 8 Slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) Grated Gruyere cheese
- 8 Slices ham
- 5 Eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Chopped fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano)
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Butter
- Spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) of Dijon mustard on each of four slices of bread. Top each with half of the cheese, ham, then other half of the cheese and the remaining bread.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper and herbs in a shallow dish.
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium. Working two sandwiches at a time, carefully dip into the egg mixture. Place in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Repeat with the other two sandwiches. Serve warm.