Parmesan Sourdough French Toast
Cracked Wheat Square
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGGS AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, CRACKED WHEAT, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 4 slices Goldminer® Sourdough Cracked Wheat Square Bread
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- Black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Parsley, minced
- Hollandaise Sauce (recipe follows)
- Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash hot sauce
- ½ cup butter
- Add eggs, milk, cream, most of the Parmesan, mustard powder, hot sauce, black pepper, salt and garlic into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour liquid into a large bowl.
- Submerge each slice of bread in the mixture, one at a time. Shake excess liquid off each slice.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in hot skillet. Cook French toast for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip and continue cooking until the second side is lightly browned.
- Make the Hollandaise Sauce. In a clean blender, add the egg yolks, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and hot sauce. Blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, melt butter completely.
- Turn the blender on low and slowly drizzle in hot, melted butter. The sauce should thicken.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and nest the bowl inside a larger bowl filled with very hot water to keep the sauce warm.
- Stack 2 slices on each plate. Sprinkle parsley and remaining Parmesan on top, then drizzle with Hollandaise Sauce and enjoy.