Philly Cheesesteak Stew Sourdough Boules
NET WT 16OZ (454 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREENUTS.
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, YEAST.
- 2 California Goldminer® Sourdough Boule
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ orange pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Add chuck roast cubes and season with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides until meat is golden and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Set meat aside.
- Add remaining oil to pot and pour in onions and peppers. Cook until onions are translucent and peppers have softened, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in flour and cook 2 minutes, until flour turns slightly golden. Stir in beef broth, cream and ½ cup cheese. Bring to simmer and cook 10 minutes until thickened.
- Cut the tops off the bread boules and scoop out the inside of the bread to make a bowl. Place on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes at 350˚.
- Once soup is thickened, add in meat and scoop into bread bowls. Top with remaining cheese and broil until cheese is melted and golden, about 10 minutes.