Sourdough and Lox Pasta Salad
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- Pasta Ingrdients
- 2 cups California Goldminer® Sourdough croutons
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup tomato, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 oz. smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 cup sweet snap peas, trimmed and cut into thirds
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crouton Ingredients
- 1/2 loaf of day-old California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pasta Instructions
- Boil penne pasta until it’s al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Roughly chop salmon, tomato, onion and chives.
- Trim snap peas and cut into thirds.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chopped salmon and veggies. Slowly mix in sourdough croutons, olive oil and mayonnaise.
- Salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Crouton Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Tear California Goldminer® Sourdough Bread into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Thoroughly mix bread pieces with garlic, thyme, oregano and olive oil.
- Spread seasoned bread onto a baking sheet pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
- Cool before tossing with grated Parmesan.