Sourdough Apple Pandowdy
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 5 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square Bread
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup water
- ½ lb. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Caramel sauce, to serve (optional)
- Peel and slice the apples. Place the apple slices in an 8x8 baking dish and pour water over them.
- Cut the slices of bread into 4 strips. Dip the slices of bread in the melted butter and place on top of the apples.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the bread.
- Bake at 375˚F for 25-30 minutes or until the apples are softened and the bread is browned. Serve warm, topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired.