Sourdough Breakfast Strata
NET WT 16OZ (454 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREENUTS.
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID) AND/OR RICE FLOUR, SALT, YEAST.
- ½ California Goldminer® Sourdough Jaco bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ lb. breakfast sausage, browned & crumbled
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 oz. baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Place cubed bread in a 9x9-inch baking dish. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned then add to baking dish.
- Drain grease from skillet and return to stove over medium heat. Sauté peppers, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil until peppers are tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Fold in cheese and sautéed vegetable mix. Pour mixture over bread cubes and sausage, making sure bread is covered completely. Cover baking dish with foil and refrigerate overnight (or at least 1 hour).
- Bake uncovered at 350ºF for 1 hour or until golden brown and cooked through.