NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 8 slices California Goldminer Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups coconut (or other oil with a high smoke point)
- ½ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- Preheat oil in deep frying pan until it reaches 375°F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of jam or preserves in the center of a slice of California Goldminer Sourdough Bread. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Using the opening of a large mason jar or drinking glass, push down on top of “sandwich” to cut out a round, sealed bread pocket.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together two eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Pinch down edges of bread pocket before coating both sides in egg mixture. Place in oil and cook for 6 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.