Sourdough Doughnutscook time
- 8 slices California Goldminer Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups coconut (or other oil with a high smoke point)
- ½ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- Preheat oil in deep frying pan until it reaches 375°F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of jam or preserves in the center of a slice of California Goldminer Sourdough Bread. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Using the opening of a large mason jar or drinking glass, push down on top of “sandwich” to cut out a round, sealed bread pocket.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together two eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Pinch down edges of bread pocket before coating both sides in egg mixture. Place in oil and cook for 6 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.