Sourdough French Toast Casserolecook time
- 7 slices Goldminer® Sourdough Square Bread, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups strawberry jam
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp.+ 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter the inside of a cast iron skillet.
- Spread jam on one side of each bread slice. Arrange the bread in the skillet, overlapping, jam side up.
- Whisk together the half & half, vanilla, eggs and the two tablespoons sugar. Pour mixture over bread in skillet.
- Scatter half of the raspberries on top of the bread and sprinkle with the teaspoon of remaining sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and set.
- Dust with powdered sugar and top with remaining raspberries and serve.