Sourdough French Toast Casserole
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 7 slices Goldminer® Sourdough Square Bread, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups strawberry jam
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp.+ 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter the inside of a cast iron skillet.
- Spread jam on one side of each bread slice. Arrange the bread in the skillet, overlapping, jam side up.
- Whisk together the half & half, vanilla, eggs and the two tablespoons sugar. Pour mixture over bread in skillet.
- Scatter half of the raspberries on top of the bread and sprinkle with the teaspoon of remaining sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and set.
- Dust with powdered sugar and top with remaining raspberries and serve.