Sourdough Grilled Cheese with Broccoli Cheese Soup
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 1 slice Goldminer® Sourdough Square Bread, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
- Broccoli Cheese Soup (recipe follows)
- Broccoli Cheese Soup Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups half & half
- 8 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
- Make the Broccoli Cheese Soup. Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Whisk in flour for 1-2 minutes or until the flour begins to turn golden brown. Add chicken stock, broccoli florets, grated carrot, salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in half & half and Cheddar cheese. Simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat and cover to keep warm while making Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
- Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Spread mayonnaise evenly on one side of each half slice of bread. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and melt butter in the skillet. Place 1 half slice of bread, mayo side down, in skillet and top with cheese. Top with second slice of bread, mayo side up. Toast until the underside is golden brown (approximately 4 minutes). Flip and cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with Broccoli Cheese Soup.