Sourdough Grilled Cheese with Pumpkin Bisque
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGGS AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, CRACKED WHEAT, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 cups low-salt vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut milk, divided
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Make the Pumpkin Bisque. Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until golden and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin purée, broth, sugar, allspice and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Working in batches, purée the soup in a blender until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and bring to a simmer. Thin with coconut milk to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and keep warm while grilled cheese cooks.
- Make grilled cheese. Brush one side of each slice of bread with softened butter. Place two slices, butter side down, on a skillet over medium heat. Place two slices of Muenster on each slice and top each with a second slice of bread, butter side up. Cook until bread is browned and cheese begins to melt. Flip and cook until second side is browned and cheese has completely melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Place the soup in bowls. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds, drizzle with coconut milk, and serve with grilled cheese sandwiches.