Sourdough Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT, MAY CONTAIN: SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG, TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, DEHYDRATED TOASTED ONIONS, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), SALT, YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 8 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Toasted Onion Square
- 3 jalapeño peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup White Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 8 tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place sliced jalapeños and red peppers on a baking sheet. Roast the peppers until they’ve softened and the skin starts to darken (approximately 10 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together Cheddar cheese and White Cheddar cheese.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of cream cheese on each slice of bread. Layer on ¼ cup of Cheddar cheeses, slices of jalapeño and red bell pepper, followed by another ¼ cup of Cheddar cheeses. Cap with another slice of bread.
- Spread butter on both sides of each sandwich. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook each sandwich, flipping intermittently, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes).