Sourdough Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheesecook time
- 8 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Toasted onion square
- 3 jalapeño peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup White Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 8 tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place sliced jalapeños and red peppers on a baking sheet. Roast the peppers until they’ve softened and the skin starts to darken (approximately 10 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together Cheddar cheese and White Cheddar cheese.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of cream cheese on each slice of bread. Layer on ¼ cup of Cheddar cheeses, slices of jalapeño and red bell pepper, followed by another ¼ cup of Cheddar cheeses. Cap with another slice of bread.
- Spread butter on both sides of each sandwich. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook each sandwich, flipping intermittently, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes).