Sourdough Patty Meltscook time
- 4 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 2 hamburger patties
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice onion in half, lengthwise. Place onion cut-side-down on cutting board and cut into ⅛-inch- thick slices. Repeat with second half.
- Cook butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until butter is melted. Add onions and a pinch of salt to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized (approximately 20 minutes).
- Grill hamburger patties until desired doneness.
- Toast bread and place on cutting board.
- Top two slices of bread with one slice of Swiss cheese each.
- Place cooked hamburger patties on top of cheese. Top patties with remaining slices of Swiss cheese, followed by cooked onions.
- Cap each patty melt with remaining slices of toast.
- Cut patty melts in half, then transfer to plates and serve.