Sourdough Quiche Cups
- 12 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 1 tsp. oil
- ¼ cup scallions, diced
- 1 cup chorizo
- 2 cups baby kale
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Special ToolsMini muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Using a drinking glass, cut one round circle from each bread slice. Use a rolling pin, or same glass, to roll bread circles flat.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with nonstick spray. Press each bread circle into the muffin tin holes. Bake in oven until bread is slightly dry (approximately 3 minutes). Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over high heat. Add onion and sauté until soft. Add chorizo and cook through. Add baby kale and cook until slightly wilted. Divide the mixture between the toast cups and top with both cheeses.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 2 teaspoons of parsley, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly into each cup.
- Bake until the quiche is set and the tops are golden (approximately 12-15 minutes). Remove from oven and garnish with remaining parsley.