Sourdough Reuben Eggs Benedict
NET WT 16OZ (454 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREENUTS.
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID) AND/OR RICE FLOUR, SALT, YEAST.
- 1 loaf California Goldminer® Jaco bread
- 4 eggs
- ½ lb. corned beef, sliced
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- Chopped chives, to garnish
- Hollandaise Sauce (recipe follows)
- Hollandaise Sauce:
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices, toast and set aside.
- Poach the eggs in a small pot. To begin, bring about 2 inches of water to a boil, then reduce heat. Crack an egg into a ramekin, stir water to get it spinning, then gently pour the egg into the simmering water. Stir the egg around to keep it spinning a bit as it cooks for about 3 minutes or until yolk is set to your liking. Transfer egg to a paper towel-lined plate to rest. Repeat process with remaining eggs.
- Warm the corned beef and sauerkraut in a skillet.
- Make the hollandaise sauce. Whisk the egg yolk, vinegar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while whisking continuously until the yolk is warm and smooth. Slowly whisk in melted butter, stirring gently. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Build sandwiches by layering corned beef and sauerkraut on Jaco toast. Top with poached egg, hollandaise sauce and chives.