Sourdough Spring Banh Micook time
- 2 slices Goldminer® Sourdough Square Bread
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 ½ tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. red chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- Canola oil
- Sriracha mayo
- ½ cup shredded radicchio or red cabbage
- ¼ cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Carrot & Daikon Slaw (recipe follows)
Carrot & Daikon Slaw Ingredients:
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1½ tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium daikon radish, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic paste, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and lime juice in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add the pork and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Make the Carrot & Daikon Slaw. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and salt. Add the carrots and daikon. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Heat a little canola oil in the skillet, and cook the marinated pork tenderloin for 5-7 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Make the sandwiches. Spread Sriracha mayo on one slice of bread. Top with desired amount of pork tenderloin, Carrot & Daikon Slaw, shredded cabbage, chopped pineapple, jalapeño slices and green onions. Top with remaining bread slice and enjoy.