Sourdough Spring Banh Mi
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 2 slices Goldminer® Sourdough Square Bread
- 2 ½ tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. red chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- Canola oil
- Sriracha mayo
- ½ cup shredded radicchio or red cabbage
- ¼ cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Carrot & Daikon Slaw (recipe follows)
- Carrot & Daikon Slaw Ingredients:
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1½ tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium daikon radish, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic paste, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and lime juice in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add the pork and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Make the Carrot & Daikon Slaw. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and salt. Add the carrots and daikon. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Heat a little canola oil in the skillet, and cook the marinated pork tenderloin for 5-7 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Make the sandwiches. Spread Sriracha mayo on one slice of bread. Top with desired amount of pork tenderloin, Carrot & Daikon Slaw, shredded cabbage, chopped pineapple, jalapeño slices and green onions. Top with remaining bread slice and enjoy.