Sourdough Spring Chicken Soup
NET WT 16OZ (454 g)
CONTAINS WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, EGGS AND TREENUTS.
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, ENRICHED WHEAT FARINA (FARINA, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, YEAST.
- 2 California Goldminer® Sourdough Boule
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. herbes de Provence
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup edamame
- 1 cup baby zucchini, diced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup orzo, cooked
- Place a large soup pot over medium heat; add in butter and olive oil. Once melted, add in celery, and cook until slightly tender (approximately 3-5 minutes). Add in garlic, salt, pepper and herbes de Provence and stir to combine. Add in the chicken stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover partially with a lid and cook until carrots are tender (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Turn the heat off. Add in peas, edamame, zucchini, chicken, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to combine. Allow the peas and zucchini to become tender (approximately 3-4 minutes).
- Cut top off the boule. Dig out bread inside, making sure to leave a ½-inch wall on the bottom and around the sides. Place desired amount of orzo and soup in each boule. Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!