Sourdough Stuffed Pork Roast
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 1 loaf California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square Bread
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 8 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. sage, minced
- 2 tbsp. marjoram
- 2 tsp. salt, + more for seasoning pork
- 2 tsp. pepper, + more for seasoning pork
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 3 lb. pork loin, butterflied
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Special Tools: Kitchen twine
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Cube bread. Place 2 cups of bread cubes in a food processor and blend to make breadcrumbs. Set aside. Arrange remaining bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes and set aside in a large bowl.
- Turn oven up to 400˚F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery, mushrooms and onion. Cook until onions become translucent and mushrooms have cooked down. Add sage, marjoram, salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes and add mixture to the cubed bread in bowl. Stir to combine. Add broth, half cup at a time, until bread is wet but not soaked.
- Use the remaining salt and pepper to season both sides of the pork loin. Place 2-2½ cups of the stuffing on the butterflied pork loin and roll it up. Truss stuffed pork loin with kitchen twine to hold it together. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes or until the top of the pork roast is a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325˚F. Top pork loin with breadcrumbs and parsley, and return to oven for another 20-25 minutes or until pork has reached an internal temperature of 150˚F. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.