Strawberries and Cream Stuffed French Toast Bitescook time
- 1 Loaf California Goldminer Sourdough Square
- 3 oz (85 g) Mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Strawberries, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Strawberry jam
- 3 eggs
- ¾ tsp (3 mL) Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Vanilla
- ½ cup (125 mL) Milk
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Crushed cornflakes
- ½ cup (125 mL) Slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Icing sugar
- Slice bread about 1 ¼” (3 cm) thick. Cut each slice in half to make a triangle. Using a sharp pointed knife cut a slit in the long side of each triangle. Be careful not to cut through, as this will create a pocket for the stuffing.
- Combine mascarpone, strawberries, and strawberry jam in a small bowl. Stuff each bread triangle with about a quarter of the filling. Use a small spoon or a piping bag fitted with a large tip. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla, and milk in a shallow bowl. Combine cornflakes and almonds in another shallow bowl.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high. Working in batches, dip the stuffed bread triangles into the egg mixture then toss in cornflake mixture. Place in the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.