Strawberries and Cream Stuffed French Toast Bites
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 1 Loaf California Goldminer Sourdough Square
- 3 oz (85 g) Mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Strawberries, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Strawberry jam
- 3 eggs
- ¾ tsp (3 mL) Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Vanilla
- ½ cup (125 mL) Milk
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Crushed cornflakes
- ½ cup (125 mL) Slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Icing sugar
- Slice bread about 1 ¼” (3 cm) thick. Cut each slice in half to make a triangle. Using a sharp pointed knife cut a slit in the long side of each triangle. Be careful not to cut through, as this will create a pocket for the stuffing.
- Combine mascarpone, strawberries, and strawberry jam in a small bowl. Stuff each bread triangle with about a quarter of the filling. Use a small spoon or a piping bag fitted with a large tip. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla, and milk in a shallow bowl. Combine cornflakes and almonds in another shallow bowl.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high. Working in batches, dip the stuffed bread triangles into the egg mixture then toss in cornflake mixture. Place in the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.