Sweet Potato & Kale Grilled Cheese
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT. MAY CONTAIN SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG AND TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 4 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Square
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 4 oz. kale
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place sweet potato rounds in a small bowl and drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20–25 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, caramelize the onions. In a small skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of oil. Place onion slices in the pan and cook over medium heat with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are lightly caramelized (approximately 15 minutes). Remove onions from pan and set aside. Immediately add kale to pan and lightly sauté. Transfer to plate.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Place 2 slices, butter side down, in skillet and layer each with cheese, sweet potatoes, kale and caramelized onions. Season with salt and black pepper, and top with remaining bread slices, butter side up. Cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melting (approximately 2–3 minutes). Flip over and continue to cook until other side is golden brown (approximately 2 more minutes).