Sweet & Spicy Sourdough Stuffing
NET WT 24OZ (680 g)
CONTAINS: WHEAT, MAY CONTAIN: SOYBEAN, MILK, EGG, TREE NUTS.
ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, DEHYDRATED TOASTED ONIONS, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OIL OR SOYBEAN OIL), SALT, YEAST, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR.
- 8 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Toasted Onion Square, cut into cubes
- ½ lb. spicy Italian sausage link, sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, pale green parts only, sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 ½–2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Arrange bread cubes on baking sheet and toast in oven for 5–7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage links until cooked through, approximately 5 minutes each side. Remove sausage from heat and slice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the leeks, squash and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir to combine, cover with a lid and cook for 6–7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Add sausage, cranberries, sage, rosemary, and remaining salt and pepper to the vegetables. Stir to combine, and cook for 3–5 minutes, or until cranberries are softened.
- Remove from heat and add bread cubes a handful at a time, tossing to combine after each addition. Add broth, ½ cup at a time, until the bread is moistened.
- Transfer the stuffing mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the top is crusty and brown.