Turkey Pot Pie Mini Boulescook time
- 6–8 California Goldminer® Sourdough Mini Boule 2-pack
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1½ cups yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup Sauvignon Blanc
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 6 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 4 cups roast turkey, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 4 Red Bliss potatoes, chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram or oregano
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy-bottom stockpot, heat butter and canola oil over medium heat. Cook celery and onion, stirring occasionally, until soft (approximately 4–5 minutes). Add wine and thyme, and cook until slightly reduced (approximately 5–10 minutes).
- Combine flour and ¾ to 1 cup of stock in a small bowl and whisk until blended. Add mixture to vegetables in pot and cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in remaining stock and half-and-half. Add roast turkey, carrots, potatoes, frozen peas, marjoram, salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are fork-tender.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut tops off mini boules and remove filling, setting aside for another use. Arrange mini boules on baking sheet. Fill with soup and heat in oven for approximately 5 minutes.
Note: You can make soup in advance and heat in mini boules in the oven just before serving. Simply lengthen the baking time in step 3 to ensure soup is heated through.