Valentine's Day French Toastcook time
- 6 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 7 fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar to taste
- chocolate sauce to taste
- Use a large cookie cutter form to cut California Goldminer® Sourdough slices into heart shapes.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk, half-and-half and vanilla, and whisk together.
- Dunk bread slices in the batter.
- Place each slice on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Use small cookie cutter form to cut strawberries into heart shapes.
- Top with dusting of powdered sugar, strawberry garnish and drizzle of chocolate syrup. Serve hot.